We had Tanner's Nursery School Christmas Party this week, the kids had a blast eating, playing games, doing crafts and a wagon ride. Grandpa and Roy brought the horses to town and gave rides.
All the kids got a book for Christmas there.
We built our gingerbread house last night. The kids had lots of fun but who wouldn't when there's icing and candy involved??? I'm not sure how we're going to get through Christmas with our kids flying high on sugar???
Hope you are all having wonderful holidays!
I'm so glad that I can say that I got out on the sleighs before this baby comes. It was a very nice day temperature wise, although it was raining. I'm sure it made the roads slippery but we didn't have to worry about that at all. We stayed home all day and spent the afternoon celebrating our nephew Landen's 6th Birthday with a sleigh ride and food at the cabin. It was a great afternoon! The kids had so much fun.
The four older kids at the party, the birthday boy is the one in the yellow coat.
After a whole week of having a cold, I finally felt some energy coming back today. Once we were home from the cabin, Ali had a nap and Tanner and I wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents. Then we made caramel corn and I made muffins after that. I tidied my kitchen up as well. I have felt so crappy all week, I had a really hard time keeping up to my house. It will feel so good to wake up to a tidy kitchen tomorrow morning. I hope that it's just that I'm feeler better...I did have a bumpy sleigh ride today along with lots of greasy fries at the cabin...so you never know. The roads are pretty crappy and slippery so this baby better just stay where it is tonight.
This was a perfect day to make snowmen...although I really do not want to see the snow leaving. I always seem to miss the snowman making window. So I was glad I got to make one with the kids finally, and even a nice big one!
And this is my new to me wheels! I'm loving it. Grand Caravan this time with Stow N' Go.....So handy.
Freddie the Elf showed up in our home last year. Tanner wasn't really that into him then. But this year he loves it! When he wakes up in the morning the first thing he does is looks to see where Freddie is for the day.
Found our tree!!
Daddy cutting the tree down.
Let the Christmas tree decorating begin! This year I made some burlap garland, I love it! I think I'll do a tree skirt as well. The kids pretty much decorated the tree all by themselves. They did very well, and had a blast.
We also do a book advent calendar where I wrap 24 books (some Christmas, some not) and the kids unwrap one a day till Christmas is here. They love it!
Anyways, have a great day!
We are full of colds here so hopefully they disappear soon.
We are still plugging away with the combine. My hubby was saying last night that we have been combining for 5 months....LOL. Which is true but not full-time by any means. We are still working on sunflowers. Our remaining field will not dry down for us. Last time we checked (quite awhile ago) they were testing 15% and we'd like them to be under 10%. Preferably 9%. These pictures are from last week, we are harvesting Dad's sunnies for him. He does not have a sunflower header for his combine. Even his were only testing 12% but he has aeration for his, we do not.
It was a cold, windy day. Of course everything is last minute around here, so Corey was able to get off of work that day so off he went. They had a pretty good day but when they stopped for coffee and Corey got out of the combine he could hear a loud hissing sound...there was a sunflower stalk stuck right through one of the BIG tires on the combine. Then he went to park it in Grandma's yard and her gate is not quite wide enough for the header on the combine and he bent something. So not a great end to the day but they did manage to stay in the field for most of the day. For lunch I made a huge pot of summer borsht and muffins along with sandwich fixings and hauled it all to Grandma's with three kids. I was tired that day.
We went to visit a new cousin a couple weeks ago. Meet Mr. Sloan Dacey. He is technically like a 4th or 5th cousin to our kids. He came two weeks early and then spent two weeks i the hospital till he could come home. He is doing great now and is so cute! Ali loves him, she can hardly wait to meet our new little baby!
The other day I was in MCC thrift shop and I spotted this cute little Christmas tree for $5!!!! Tanner has been bugging me for a couple weeks to set up our tree and because we like to set up a real one we don't set it up too early. So this was the perfect opportunity for the kids to decorate a tree and it's all their own! They love it.
My new mat for my bathroom.....I love it! It's hutterite made. I wish I new how to make such things.
My little project, I bought a used cork board awhile ago at the MCC. I wrapped twice with burlap and then I took jute string and wrapped it all around the board randomly. I will use this to display all the beautiful Christmas cards we get! I was pleased with how it turned out.
On the weekend Friday through to Saturday we received our first big snowfall. It was even enough to take the snowmobile out! So while Daddy and Grandpa did chores, the kids and I putted around the yard. They were thrilled! And since then it has got beastly cold (-38 in the wind) so we have not been out much.
Anyways, other than that, I'm trying to finish getting ready for Christmas and baby. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with NO kids (yippee lol) and hoping to finish for Christmas. Today I'm exactly one month away from my due date...so technically next week I'll be considered full-term. Yikes, yes I am freaking out.
I have three recipes to share with you today. Two are for your sweet tooth and one is a supper idea.
I made this for supper last night...let me say, Easy! and Yummy! It was a hit with everyone!! The kids loved it and so did my hubby. The only thing I did different is I substituted the fettuccine for shell pasta because I did not have fettuccine. I got this from a farmer wife friend but I believe it's a Kraft recipe.
220 g fettuccine, uncooked 2 fresh cups broccoli florets 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing 1 (450 g) lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into
bite-size pieces 1-2/3 cups milk 1/2 (1/2 of 250-g tub) cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese Product 1/4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting
salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 min.
Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on
medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. or until done, stirring
occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring
constantly; cook 1 to 2 min. or until sauce is well blended and heated through,
Drain pasta mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture;
This next recipe I made for my mother-in-law's birthday party. It was soooooooo easy and very delicious. I will definitely make this again. It hit this preggo woman's sweet tooth right smack dab on the spot! I got the recipe off of Pinterest on this website...
1 deep-dish rectangular, throw-away foil pan (9x13)
24 store-bought frozen ice cream sandwiches (I could only fir 21 sandwiches in my pan)
2 regular-sized tubs of Cool Whip
bag of Heath bits (I used skor bits)
4 bars Heath or Skor candy bars, chopped (I only used 3 bars)
1. Spray pan with cooking spray. Layer 12 ice cream sandwiches side-by-side in bottom of pan.
2. Spread one tub of Cool Whip over the top of the sandwiches.
Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrups over the top of the Cool Whip and
then sprinkle with toffee bits. Place in the freezer for about an hour.
3. Layer 2nd level of 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the toffee
bits. Spread with 2nd tub of Cool Whip. Drizzle caramel and chocolate
syrup over the Cool Whip. Sprinkle Skor/Heath bars over the top. Place
in freezer for several hours until firm.
4. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and use sharp knife to cut into squares.
*For an outdoor gathering, we found this was
easiest to eat when cut into squares and served in cups. Place a bunch
on a tray for simple serving.
*Warning! This recipe makes a LOT. It keeps well in the freezer for
several days. Make it only when you have a large gathering planned, or
cut the recipe in half.
*It is suggested that you use the pan indicated in the recipe since you
need to have a pan that is deeper than normal. If you have a deep pan
alternative, go ahead and try that one (you'll need about 4 to 5 inches
of depth to be safe).
3/4 bag tapioca
3 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Soak tapioca overnight in water until thick and soft. Drain. Place in milk and cook tapioca in microwave till clear. (~20 minutes) Add sugar and eggs which have been whipped. Add vanilla. Cook again in microwave till thick. (~5 minutes) ******** I forgot to mention that when you eat it to add a spoonful of brown sugar and whipping cream to your hearts content!**********
This recipe is from Corey's Grandma Nelson. It is so delicious and easy to make. And I have craved it my whole pregnancy!
1. I'm soooo excited for Christmas this year but every time I think about it I almost have a heart attack because I realize all over again that my due date is a week after Christmas. So I really have no clue how this Christmas will turn out...What was I thinking??!! Oh right, I wasn't ;)
2. This is a really busy weekend...Not sure what I was thinking here either. Tanner's Nursery School has a table at the Flea Market in town tomorrow and I signed up to make 4 dozen white buns and 2 dozen butter tarts and make a bag of play-dough to sell AND a raffle item. So the food I am in the process of making right now because it needs to be dropped off tonight. You can't make it ahead of time because you want it to be fresh fresh. So why on earth did I choose buns & tarts. Oh well, once you get into the swing of things it's not so bad. Not only is the Flea Market on but I also have a family bridal shower tomorrow and offered to bring a dainty...I'm telling you I need to close my mouth once in awhile LOL. Not to mention tonight is Halloween and we are taking the kids trick or treating! And then in amongst all that fun, we are preg checking close 200 bred cows tomorrow and have extra guys to feed and my mother-in-law is going to be working. So that leaves supper up to me. hahahaha. I will be purely vegetating on Sunday! Holding the couch down. Period.
3. It was -10 last night!!!!!! Like what the heck, I do not like it.
4. I'm so in love with my dishwasher and crockpot. Period.
5. Sleep is my favorite activity right now. It is so precious there aren't even words to describe it. Like the other night. We made Trooper (one of our Jack Russells) sleep outside because he had been chewing on some guts all day. We had butchered a steer that day. And he smelled horrible. So. What does he do ALL NIGHT LONG??????????????????? Bark & bark & bark & bark & bark & bark& bark & bark.........Like I don't think he took a breath all night long because all he did was bark. I poked my head out the door about three times to tell him to shut up. And he did till my head hit the pillow again....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Finally at 5 am I could not take it anymore. I stormed out of our room, opened the back door and lost my shit. I literally lost it. And after I screamed all sorts of obscenities at him and he had quit barking, I went and sat on the couch and bawled my eyes out. No word of a lie. I had got zero sleep and I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm sure if you had been a fly on the wall in my house you would have wanted to bring me to an insane asylum lol. I'm not insane, nor have I lost my mind. I am just pregnant women, 8 months to be exact, who is desperate for sleep. If I had had a shotgun within my reach he would be a dead dog. And I wouldn't have felt bad for a least a week. lol. I can handle my kids keeping me up at night. But a dog? No flipping way.
When Fall arrives so does my mood to scrap-book!! I am currently working on my 2013 scrap-book. Last year the time of the day I could scrap-book was in the evening after my kids had gone to bed...now I don't really get an evening to myself because I pretty much go to bed when Ali goes to bed. So I have actually been doing it while the girls nap in the afternoon! My goal is to finish my 2013 album and also both my kids baby albums (those two are not digital, I have the albums, you just have to put the pictures in. They are pre-decorated and everything!) before the baby comes in the New Year! So all I have to do is get the pictures printed!
I really hope I can get them all done.
Have a great SNOW-LESS evening ;)