Tuesday 9 July 2013

Wiens Family Reunion 2013


This past weekend was our Wiens Family Reunion. It took place at my Grandma's place. It was nice to catch up with family from Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.

Majority of people stayed in campers & tents. We camped over in our camper Saturday night.
 The sandbox was definitely a hit with Tanner! He spent a lot of time there.
 Fellowship.

 Playing...a game of some sort.
 So this little boys Mom is my third cousin, so I guess that would make Ali and him fourth cousins?
 Penny parade and auction.

 Our auctioneer, he can take quite a bit of razzing! And he definitely got razzed lol.
 Aunt Anna (my Grandma's sister) and Grandma with Ali.
 All the first cousins that were at the reunion.
 So the way this reunion went was our side of the family (meaning my Grandma's kids) were in charge of the food, the yard...well basically putting it all together. So each of my Grandma's kids were put in charge of making a meal. Yes every meal was served here. So delicious. There is nothing like Mennonite cooks I tell you. Here one of my Aunts is deep frying Roll Kuchen that is served with Watermelon. I'm guessing we fed about 50-60 people all weekend.
 YUM!


 Standing in line at the lunch table.
Colleen (married to my Dad's first cousin) holding Ali.

Anyways, it was a great weekend! They are talking that the next one might be in 3 years and in BC! I can't wait!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment