Tuesday 30 July 2013

A tidbit of the Thresherman's Reunion from our family's point of view.

 I would love to go into way more detail about these pictures but it is currently 10:54pm. I want need to shower yet (lol). I have to get up at 5:45am tomorrow morning. I just don't feel like it nor do I have the time. Anywho, this fellow here is cultivating. Also his roan team came from my in-law's JI Bar Ranch.
 Six hitched to a drill! This was probably one of my favorite parts of the whole week. Also a bit nerve wracking as the drove them through the parade, but all went well! My Hubby got to drive them along with two other guys.
 My in-law's in the Democrat. Back in the day this is what they called the 'Buckboard'.
 <3
 Just breath taking!


 The guys who worked together to drive them through the parade. Since being hitched six across is not something we do regularly, they each drove a team individually but were all hooked to the drill together.
 Combine harvester.
 Three horse binder. Cuts the crop and spits it out into piles that are later stooked.
 A hearse.
 Three generations.
 Pitching sheaves onto the rack to bring to the Threshing machine.


 Grain wagon pulled by a pair of feisty little Haflingers.
 This was a School Bus believe it or not!
 Another Democrat, a fancier one that 'richer' people would have drove back in the day.
 Drill.
 Cultivator.
 Land roller.
 String of three pack mules.
 Four horse Discer.

Last but not least, an outrider! :)

I have soooooo many more pictures but that's all for tonight .
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment