Tuesday 8 January 2013

Food for Thought...

 So there are a lot of things going through my mind today. Well everyday there is but I didn't know how to put them into words. Maybe this will help. I thought I would go through my Pinterest board called 'Words' that I pin quotes etc. onto to find what I am feeling/thinking. The first one stuck out to me because every day I am so happy to be able to stay at home with my children. I will go back out into the workforce one day but today my kids need me. I look at it this way, depending on how many kids we have I may stay home ten years before they are all in school, and that is a very small portion of my life. We made the decision to have them so I want to be the one to look after them. It just simply means doing without some things we really don't need.


 This one, well I just love it. For some reason it makes me think of conversations I have had with many of my cousins. Candice, Cheryl, Christina, Sonya and Joleene to mention a few. A current conversation on the topic of Freshette's comes to mind. Ha ha ha. I will save that for another post. I love that I come from a large extended family, it means I have so many more great memories to treasure. I miss the good ole days.


I do not complain about my Birthdays. This is mostly what has been on my mind this week. A young fellow that my brother went to school with was killed. Age 24. So young. He also has a young son. It just breaks my heart. There really are no words. I have been praying for his family and friends. Still on my mind are the families of those children who were shot and killed in the states and also of a mom/wife that died and left a Husband and three young children behind. They are all in my prayers every night.

This has been on my mind lately. When I was thinking about resolutions. I tend to be quick to judge a person. It's a terrible trait on my behalf. What can I say? I'm human. I'm trying really hard to not do that. You have no idea what everyone you pass on the highway, in the grocery store or gas pumps are dealing with. So I am going to try to remember to do some random acts of kindness sporadically. We just need more friendliness in the world. No one wants to go out of their way to do anything for anyone, we are quick to get mad when someone cuts us off on the road, or when someones kids are being brats in the store...We do not know what they are dealing or where they are trying to go. Let's just give people a break. Empathy goes a long way.

Anyways, I'm not trying to be a downer. Actually I am trying to be the opposite!
Have a great night. Please be safe on those roads.
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh out loud. I forgot about that Freshette conversation. Love the quote too...describes me a lot of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete