Monday 10 December 2012

Life as we know it. Where is the time going?

 I do not even know where the last month has gone??!! We have been hard at work building our house, doing chores, trying to get ready for Christmas, saying Good-bye to my Grandpa, cooking, baking, cleaning and on and on. I am missing my Grandpa lots. I think of both my Grandpa's everyday. I can't wait to see them again one day.

So on the weekend we went to celebrate our nephew's 4th birthday! He is two pictures below. Very excited boy he was. The first picture is his little brother and Ali. He is 6 wks younger. Can you tell? LOL. He is a big boy. I love his expression here!
 Opening a present!
 Miss Ali in her cute new toque.
 Ali with her newest friend Kadence! They will grow up together and also go to school together! Many good times and memories to come right here.
 Ali with her Grandpa. She has been making shy with him but lately is doing better!
 I found this little kit at the Dollarama to paint Christmas tree ornaments. Tanner LOVES to paint so he loved this craft and then also got to hang them on the tree tonight!
 A work of art! he he.
 Yes, his Daddy is cutting his hair! He just needed some long pieces trimmed up. He did a pretty good job! Then I took the clippers to the Hubby! I did not too badly for cutting his hair for the first time. It was in dire need as you can see in the pic above.
 Sunday afternoon we drove around the country side and found the perfect tree. I think it is one of the best ones we have cut down yet! This is a tradition that we have started since Tanner was born. We are going to do our best to continue this for years to come!!! I want to instill the meaning of traditions into my children. I believe they are such an important part of family. This is the first year that he actually enjoyed helping me decorate the tree or even cared enough to help.....that is until the candy canes came out!
 Miss Ali! I love this girl. She has been pretty fussy for the last few evenings...pretty there are teeth on the horizon!
 Tanner in his Santa hat!
The finished product! 

I believe we are close to being done Christmas shopping. I still want to bake. I will try to do some tomorrow. Sugar cookies, caramel square, butter tarts, shortbread cookies are a few of the things I would like to make. I am super excited for Christmas this year because Tanner is actually into it this year and can learn what it's all about. I have nothing against Santa and I will implement that part of Christmas into our traditions BUT it will not totally take over my house and my children. I want them to know the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of Jesus Christ. I am trying/learning how/where to find our happy medium. We do not go to church, I have nothing against it, it's just something I have not done for years. I think I would like our kids to participate in Sunday School. I don't know when or where but sometime in the near future. Also the other thing that is super exciting this year is that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their girls will be out from Alberta this year!!! Very pumped to them.

Anyways, there are some of my ramblings for today!
Have a great night!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment